- Horatio Gates: a controversial figure who campaigned unsuccessfully to replace Washington as commander-in-chief, then disappeared from the war after being routed by British forces at Camden in 1780.
- General Nathanael Greene was a well-respected and faithful servant of the Continental Army. He emerged from the Revolutionary War as one of Washington's most trusted and successful generals. Nathanael Greene is best remembered for his success in the Southern Campaign against General Cornwallis.
- Edward Braddock's famous fall, next to then Colonel George Washington, during the French and Indian War helped lead to the War for Independence.
- John Burgoyne returned to England in disgrace after surrendering at the Battle of Saratoga.
- General Sir Guy Carleton was commander of British troops during the American War of Independence, specifically leading the defense during the Battle of Quebec. Carleton was also responsible for the safe removal of the Tories and freed slaves who joined the British.
Revolutionary War: The Movie (part 1)
American Revolutionary War Ballad: Francis Marion-The ...
[PDF Download] American Generals of the Revolutionary War ...